A Contact can be represented as a qualified sales lead. Contacts differentiate qualified customers from the huge list of unqualified customers. Contacts also represent the people that are conducting business with you. They could be acting individually or representing an organization.
How to use
You may import or export the list of all contacts. To use these functions you will need import or export privileges set by your Second CRM administrator.
To create a new contacts manually in Second CRM, follow the steps below:
- Go to All > General > Contacts or simply click on Contacts at the navigation area.
- Click on the + Add Contact button as shown below:
Once you have clicked the button, your screen should appear just like the figure below :
- Enter contact information. Fields marked with an asterisk [ * ] are mandatory.
- Once done, click the Save button to transfer your data to your Second CRM database.
To view Contact details:
- Click on the Contact name and the Contact summary will appear. In this page you will only see the summary for that particular Contact.
- To view full details, click on the Show Full Details button or you can also click on Contact Details from the right tab as shown below:
- Once you click the Contact details, your screen should appear just like below:
- The right side tab will display all-round view of relations of the Contact module with other modules and maintains a log of the Contact’s complete history in Second CRM.
You can also perform the following operations by clicking the Action drop down button in list view:
- Select Edit to modify selected record(s).
- Select Delete to delete selected record(s).
- Select Add Comment to add a comment on selected record(s.)
- Select Send email to send out emails to selected record(s).
- Select Send SMS to send out SMS to selected record(s).
- Select Transfer Ownership to assign the contact to another user.
- Select Import or Export to Import or Export a list of Contacts.
- Select Find Duplicates to find duplicate record(s).
List of operations you can perform on detail view of Contact record:
- Click Edit to modify existing content.
- Click Send Email to send email to existing Contact.
- Click on More > Delete to delete the Contact record.
- Click on More > Duplicate to clone the Contact record.
- Click on More > Add Document to attach a document to the Contact record.
- Click on More>Account Hierarchy to view administrative body with each Contact subordinate to the one above.
- Click on More > Send SMS to send out SMS to the Contact.
- Click on More>Transfer Ownership to assign the Contact to another user.
- Click on More > Add Event to schedule a Call or Meeting.
- Click on More > Add To Do to schedule a To do.
The offered standard fields are self-explanatory. Your Second CRM administrator may remove those standard fields which are not suitable for your company based on profiles, or add additional entry fields. While most are self-explanatory, the following fields serve special purposes:Table: Contact Information
|Email Opt Out||Contacts which have this check box checked will not receive e-mail messages that are normally sent to them by Second CRM. Second CRM will not send automatic e-mails to these contacts. This would help you respect the contact's wishes when it comes to privacy.|
|Reports To||Here you may chose the name of the supervisor if the contact has been entered already.|
|Do Not Call||Mark this check box to indicate that the contact does not wish to receive calls.|
|Notify Owner||When you mark this check box, the owner of the contact will be informed by e-mail whenever their data changes.|
|Contact Image||If available, you may also upload a contact image to Second CRM. Please note that this image must be in the *.png, *.jpg or *.gif format. Note that this image will be also displayed as an icon at the contacts list view. A mouse over function for this icon is provided at the list view which displays the full image.|
Related ModuleTable: Related Module at Contacts
|Comments||To view the Comments related to the Contact.|
|Updates||To view the modifications made to the Contact record.|
|Potentials||To view the Potentials that are related to the Contact.|
|Activities||To view or create Events and To-dos on the Contact record.|
|Emails||To view the emails sent to the Contact.|
|Service Request||To view the Service Request records related to the Contact.|
|Quotes||To view the Quotes related to the Contact.
If you create a new quote from here, all the contact master data required for the quote will be transferred automatically.
|Purchase Orders||To view the Purchase Orders related to the Contact.|
|Sales Order||To view the Sales Orders related to the Contact.
If you create a new sales order from here, all the contact master data required for the quote will be transferred automatically.
|Products||To view the Products related to Contact.
You can have here the products that might interest your customer.
|Content Library||To view the documents related to the Contact.
Document can be any type of file such as data sheets, contracts etc.
|Campaigns||To view the Campaigns related to the Contact.|
|Invoice||To view Invoices related to the Contact.
If you create a new invoice from here, all the contact master data required for the quote will be transferred automatically.
|Services||To view the Services related to the Contact.
You can have here the Services that might interest your customer.
|Phone Call||To view Phone Calls made to the Contact.|
|Service Contracts||To view the Service Contracts related to the Contact.|
|Projects||To view the Projects that are related to the Contact.|
|Vendors||To view the Vendors that are related to the Contact.|